1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Elf, a billion times Elf! This movie screams Christmas even in the middle of July. I thought the concept of the movie was quite interesting and the humor to be absolutely HILARIOUS. If you have not watched it yet, please do.
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
4. What is your favorite Christmas song?
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas eve?
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
7. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
8. What is your all time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
9. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
10. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
12. What makes the holiday special for you?
Happy Thanksgiving lovelies! This holiday season was quite a fun experience. I had a BIG Thanksgiving dinner with my family, a last-minute, late-night Black Friday experience, my first Black Friday retail shift, and a lot of heartwarming conversations with the love of my life. This Thanksgiving was all that I could ask for honestly and I hope you all had the same.
In spirits of Thanksgiving, I decided to tell you 15 things I am thankful for. These are things that are beside the conventional “my family, my boyfriend, the food, my life, and so on.”
I am thankful for…
- The view and the warm, cozy bed I get to wake up to every morning
- The goosebumps I feel when the Holy Spirit surrounds me
- Being able to document the great, wonderful experiences in my life
- Strawberries and sugar (my favorite snack) 😉
- Being able to talk to my best friend in South Dakota whenever I want
- The new fit lifestyle I started this summer. Not totally committed to it, but I am for sure getting there
- 24K Magic Album that has been in my ears from the day it was released
- Making 100’s on two papers I totally did not put effort in
- All of the standby plane seats I luckily sat in this year
- Being able to reinvent my look by cutting my hair, wearing new clothes, changing my makeup routine
- Having the luxury to spend a whole sick day watching Netflix in the dark
- The $38 dollar Kate Spade wallet I hauled to the outlet mall to get. The original price was $119! What a steal!
- The 9-hour Black Friday shift and the praise I was given after for my hard work
- Having a loving heart and the people that tell me when they feel it
- The “aha” faith and life moments I have gotten this year. There have been so many!
Since I am turning 18 on Wednesday, I decided to gather together a few lessons I have learned within the past year. Before you read these, I would just like to say thank you to the people who have supported me from the beginning. Also, a big thank you to the amazing people I have gotten to form strong relationships with over this year. You all make my heart happy and without you guys, I don’t know what I would do! Other than that, I hope you all have an amazing week!
17 Things I Learned the Year I Turned 17:
1. It’s okay not to have it all together all the time. In fact, no one expects that of you and if there is someone who does, they shouldn’t be in your life.
2. You can never have too many pictures, too many journal entries, too many concert tickets, too many Spotify playlists, or too many unwritten songs. All of this perfectly documents your life, don’t ever get rid of any of these.
3. Sometimes you just have to let go, and let God do his magic. There are only so many things you can control.
4. The friends that are forever accept you no matter what you do or how you are. There is not enough time in your life to spend it with friends that don’t value you or that don’t have an unconditional love for you.
5. When you want ice cream, go get ice cream. When you want to cry, cry. When you just need to take a break, do it. No one is stopping you, and if these actions can make you feel better… there shouldn’t be anyone or anything holding you back.
6. There are many things that don’t last forever, so take advantage of it in the time being and be thankful for it every second you can.
7. You fall in love when you least expect it and that, without doubt, makes it so much more beautiful and so much more real.
8. It is all in the mind. The world is so very inspiring, you just have to look at it in that perspective to view it that way.
9. A hug and a listener might just be all that you need. Try it sometime!
10. Stress comes from within you. Find the root of the source and remove it. Without the mental stress, achieving your goals with be painless and actually enjoyable.
11. Dancing till the ground shakes and singing till the glass breaks. Everyday, every night! It will always do the trick.
12. There is always time for a cheeseburger!
13. You should always walk into a new experience with an open heart and an open mind.
14. The bond you have with the people you call your “family,” whether they are connected by blood or not, can never be replaced. There is no greater love than familial love.
15. That there is so much love in the world and so many people to give your love to. The best places are where you feel the most loved.
16. That at this age, it is my responsibility to be irresponsible sometimes and just live!
17. You learn the most about yourself through other people.
1: What are you wearing? A black, oversized v-neck from Hurley and a pair of skinny khaki pants from Forever 21.
2: Ever been in love? Right now actually *blushes and giggles*
3: Ever had a terrible breakup? I wouldn’t call it terrible.
4: How tall are you? 5’4″ and a half
5: How much do you weigh? Between 105-110 lbs.
6: Any tattoos? No, but I have so many ideas.
7: Any piercings? Ears
8: OTP? Catherine Guidici and Sean Lowe.
9: Favorite shows? Empire, Grey’s Anatomy, Pretty Little Liars, New Girl, and The Fosters.
10: Favorite bands? The 1975, The Civil Wars, Daughter, Magic!
11: Something you miss? Being able to veg out in my bed all day, watching Netflix, and not worrying about anything.
12: Favorite song? Colour Me in Gold by JP Cooper and Fall For You by Leela James
13: How old are you? 17, just about 18
14: Zodiac sign? Aries
15: Quality you look for in a partner? A man who is passionate about something, who is a family man and a godly man, who can’t take himself seriously most of the time but still can be serious at times, who thinks forward to the future, who is kind and has a giving heart. Basically, just someone who I can chill with for long periods of time and who will be my best friend.
16: Favorite Quote? “She did not need much. Wanted very little. A kind word, sincerity, fresh air, clean water, a garden, kisses, books to read, sheltering arms, a cozy bed, and to love and be loved in return” – Starra Neely Blade
17: Favorite actor? Probably Zac Efron, but not necessarily for his acting lol.
18: Favorite color? Light pink
19: Loud music or soft? Depends on the setting. Doing homework and taking naps: very soft. Cleaning my room: very loud.
20: Where do you go when you’re sad? Straight to my guitar … or to my mama if I need to talk it out.
21: How long does it take you to shower? Roughly 15 minutes.
22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? A hour if I am trying to impress, but everyday is about 30-45 minutes.
23: Ever been in a physical fight? I’ve put my brother in a headlock many times if that counts.
24: Turn on? A good smile.
25: Turn off? Cockiness.
26: The reason I created this blog? To document my life, communicate with people, and to store all of these pictures in a more unique way.
27: Fears? Failure, Sickness, Uncontrollable situations.
28: Last thing that made you cry? Stress, like always.
29: Last time you said you loved someone? Probably ten minutes ago.
30: Meaning behind your WordPress Name? Lovely and love are my two favorite words to say. Also, my great grandma was a florist for a while and her, my grandma, my mom, and I have different favorite colors of roses. So, the rose is to symbolize that in a way and I’m obviously a tiny girl.
31: Last book you read? For pleasure? A Fault in Our Stars I believe.
32: The book you’re currently reading? Not that Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
33: Last show you watched? Pretty Little Liars (i’m like 5 episodes behind)
34: Last person you talked to? My parents, it was about the brownies and cookies I just made.
35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted? Kekoa – he’s my boyfriend. Lol, that was easy.
36: Favorite food? Chicken Katsu Plate from Zippy’s
37: Place you want to visit? Rome
38: Last place you traveled? Hawaii for Christmas Break
39: Do you have a crush? I do, but he’s obviously not really a “crush” anymore. Other than that, I have about a million celebrity crushes.
40: Last time you kissed someone? Valentine’s Day
41: Last time you were insulted? Last week
42: Favorite flavor of sweet? Chocolate
43: What instruments do you play? Oboe, Piano, Ukulele, and Guitar
44: Favorite piece of jewelery? Either my Hawaiian bracelet or my ACTS bracelet that I’m wearing right now
45: Last sport you played? Volleyball (which, I miss dearly)
46: Last song you sang? Bound to You by Christina Aguilera
47: Favorite chat up line? Hey, I like your face.
48: Have you ever used it? All the time girl, all the time.
49: Last time you hung out with anyone? I hang out with my best friends every day since we live together.
50: Who should answer these questions next? I honestly do not know. Everyone has done this tag except for me!
Well hello readers! I would like to formally welcome you to my probably third or fourth “new blog” of my lifetime: Lovely Little Roses. Blogger, sadly, did not provide the right format nor the customizability that I was looking for when envisioning the perfect blog. No worries though! WordPress came in and saved the day. Like the last blog, I will mostly post life updates and photographs so look out for those. I am still figuring out how to use this site so bear with me!
Overall, I feel like I am starting a new chapter in my life and what better thing to do than document every possible second of it? My views, my tastes, my style, and even my interests are changing day by day. Ask me how many times I’ve changed my field of study in the past two years! I, like every other college student, am just figuring it all out, so be prepared for contradictions and insightful messages that probably will make little to no sense lol. It’s crazy because I fell as if I am in that stage of my life where everything is just inspiring and worthy of appreciating. But believe me, I am not naïve to everything. I know. There will be bad days and times where nothing will seem inspiring to me, and this blog will be there for me to write on those days as well. Lovely Little Roses, in my eyes, will eventually show my growth and progression over the years that I intend to blog. So please! Read the posts, watch the videos, look at the pictures, listen to my music, comment on my entries, and contact me anytime. I am of open ears to anyone who would like to talk. Thanks for reading!