Hello lovelies! Many of you have complimented me on my organization skills. I don’t know how many times I get approached with “your planner is so cute” or “can you show me how to plan?” I get so flattered each time! Planning, to me, is my escape. I love sitting down in the middle of the day and planning my weeks out. It keeps me sane and of course on top of my game on my busy weeks. I have this terrible habit of switch planner programs mid-year. Obviously, I have kept up with the tradition! Now, I am using the Happy Planner. I used to use the bullet journal, but I love this set up more than any other planner set up I have tried! Here’s why I switched to Happy Planner:
1. This planner is AWESOME if you love to plan super, super ahead – This is something that really won me over when looking at other planner systems. With bullet journaling, I would have to create spreads for an entire month to get ahead. It just wasn’t working with my school schedule.
2. Horizontal AND Vertical Layouts – I have the vertical layout right now, which is awesome for me. If you still love big long rectangles, just buy the horizontal one! The horizontal layout is very similar to the standard weekly planners.
3. REMOVABLE PAGES, I repeat REMOVABLE PAGES – Game changer, am I right? You are able to remove and insert new pages as you please. This is awesome for people who love to really personalize their planner. Here’s a video from the creators of Happy Planner!
4. Customizable Sizes – By buying smaller disks or expander discs, you can change the size of your planner any time you want! As you can see from the picture, I definitely downsized to a six-month book. I love how light my planner is now!
5. Stickers and Washi Tape – You can embellish every inch of this planner. There are tons of stickers, washi tape, inserts, and stamps to add to the planner. Let your creativity be your guide.
6. Cost Effective – My favorite perk about this planner. Many plannerholics go for the Erin Condren Life Planner. Even though the planner is super cute and customizable, the Erin Condren Life Planner is $55+. What a waste. I bought my Happy Planner for $17.99 (IT’S STILL THAT PRICE RIGHT NOW) from Michaels. Every planner comes with 18 months, so I think this is a steal compared to other planner systems.
7. BIG Pinterest Audience – Just search “happy planner” on Pinterest and BAM! You’ll find free printables of stickers, layout ideas, and so much more on Pinterest. Here’s what comes up for me:
Overall, I love it and I am so happy with my decision. The planner and the stickers I bought hurt my bank account just a little bit. I’m guilty! I highly highly encourage you all to try this planner system. Now on to how I use my planner…
How I Use My New Planner
Pretty self-explanatory! I take advantage of each section of the vertical layout. Of course you do not have to follow the same organization I do. For me, this works AND keeps everything in one place. If I have to add more to-do lists, I’ll just put a sticky note on the page and write even more.
Sample Base Week + A Filled Week
Here’s what I have so far! I am definitely using up all of the washi that I accumulated over the year. All of the stickers on this page are from the Everyday Plans Stickerbook. These are also on sale at Michaels right now. As you can see, my week gets a little hectic looking by the end of it all.
If you are looking into buying this planner, you can go to Michaels this week and find 40% off of all of their planner supplies. This is everything from Happy Planner Box Sets to inserts to sticker books. Definitely worth the money, I promise! Everyone have a great week this week!