Happy Sunday to all of you! As we all know, winter is swiftly approaching and the cold weather is either among us or coming very soon. Cooler weather of course makes you dream of a hot lemon mint tea or a hot chocolate for breakfast, but what does the cool weather do in my mind you guess? It makes me crave smoothie bowls! I am very very close to my Thanksgiving “vacation” and all I can do is taste the Lanikai Juice Acai Bowls that you can see in one of my previous blog posts here. My trials with acai packets were not the most successful, and I also ran out of acai packets so I had to improvise! This is what I came up with: Isn’t it pretty? Took maybe three or four minutes at the most to prepare and all the ingredients can be found at your local grocery store. It’s a great thing to wake up to in the morning or to use as a healthy energizer midday. Substitute this for ice cream or anything sweet for that matter. I’m sure it will fulfill your sweet craving just as much as chocolate would. Well… i’m guilty of eating chocolate after this bowl too. TREAT YO SELF haha. I will link below what I used specifically as well as estimated proportions of the ingredients.
Sunday Morning Smoothie Bowl
1 handful of H-E-B Kale Greens
1 8 ounce bag of the frozen Rader Farm’s Triple Berry Mix (containing raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
A liberal amount of Nature Valley’s Oats ‘n Honey Protein Granola
2 bananas (one for blending and one for mixing)
Helpful Tricks and Advice
- To get the thick consistency, try to abstain from using a liquid as much as possible
- Mash and mix ingredients in between blends to save your blender blades
- Use a small spatula to ensure you are getting 100% of the smoothie into your bowl
- Pretty filling, so don’t overpower the granola! Liberal, but not TOO liberal 😉
- Rinse out blender a quickly as possible! This berry mix has seeds and can stick to your blender if you decided to only soak in the sink.
Let me know if you try this recipe out! I would love to see your attempts, whether that be my family, friends, anyone! Other than that, have a great day beauties. Remember, happiness is a choice!